You can have red wine while losing weight?? Yes, it’s true. Alcohol in moderation can be a part of weight loss. Do you want to find out more about our customized weight loss program and how you can get your health back? Schedule a consult today!
Enjoy this Mulled Red Wine recipe this holiday season!
- 1 (750 ml) bottle of dry red wine
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds (also peeled, if you would like a less-bitter drink)
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- Stevia to taste (optional)
- Optional garnishes: citrus slices (orange, lemon and/or lime), extra cinnamon sticks, extra star anise
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and heat until the mixture just barely reaches a simmer over medium-high heat. (Don’t boil!!! The alcohol will evaporate.)
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and let the wine simmer for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Strain the mixture and serve warm with whatever garnishes you’d like!
- Feel free to use your choice of sweetener here, or leave the mulled wine un-sweetened.
- You can also place the oranges, cloves, cinnamon, and star anise in a cheesecloth. Then simply strain and pull out the bundle when ready to serve.
For our current patients: Modify this recipe to fit your specific program needs, and always reach out to your health coach with any questions.
Pay only $30 for your first consult
Pay just $30 for a complete weight loss consultation with the doctor, which includes an Initial Assessment and an In-Depth Body Composition Scan. If you’re looking to lose weight and keep it off the right way, click the button below!